What is a P&C and why should I get involved?
Parental interest is a more potent influence on children’s learning success than parents’ education or cultural background, occupation or family income level. All state schools offer opportunities for parents to join a parents and citizens (P&C) association.
These associations are involved in a variety of school activities
- Policy development
- Financial planning (budgeting)
- Tuckshop management
- Fundraising activities
- School and classroom functions
The functions of an association are
- to foster generally, community interest in educational matters
- to encourage closer co-operation between the parents, other members of the community, and the staff and students of the school
- to provide advice and recommendations to the principal on issues and concerns in respect to the student body and the general operations and management of the school
- to provide or assist in the provision of financial or other resources or services for the benefit of students of the school
- to participate in any committee or other body comprising members of the school and wider community, which will contribute to the general benefit of students attending the school.
Windera State School’s P&C meets regularly (usually the first Tuesday of each month) at the school. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend these meetings.
Many hands make lighter work for everyone.